theIndieSD.com’s Privacy Notice
Last updated: Jul 25, 2012
theIndieSD.com (also referred to herein as “us,” “we,” and the “Website”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it at all times. This Internet Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) explains how we collect, use, and safeguard information on this website. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. By visiting theIndieSD.com, you acknowledge and accept the practices, terms, and conditions described in this Privacy Notice and theIndie SD’s Conditions of Use (the “Conditions of Use”), and agree that any and all disputes, including, without limitation, those disputes arising over privacy, between you and theIndieSD.com, its associated companies, subsidiaries, owners, employees, contributors, advertisers, sponsors, and any other affiliates will be subject to terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice and/or the Conditions of Use, as applicable.
By visiting theIndieSD.com after we post any changes to this Privacy Notice and/or the Conditions of Use, you accept the Privacy Notice and/or the Conditions of Use, as applicable, as modified.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request by electronic mail to:
What Personal Information About Customers Does theIndieSD.com Collect?
The information we learn about our customers helps us personalize and continually improve the service and features of theIndieSD.com. Here are the types of information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any personal information you enter on our Website or may give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, at your discretion. We may use the information that you provide for a variety of purposes, including to respond to your requests, to customize future options for you, to improve the overall quality of the Website, and to communicate with you, among other things.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make our e-mails more useful and interesting, we may elect to receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from theIndieSD.com, if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your email preferences through WordPress.com accordingly, or opt out directly in the email message.
- You may choose to provide us access to your personal information on these sites, or you may opt out. At times, you may interact with the site using your identity from a third-party network by leaving a comment on the site. If you would like to remove a comment you have left on the site, you can use the edit forms next to your comment, or you must contact theIndieSD.com at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are under no obligation to remove comments that you have left on the Website.
Does theIndieSD.com Share The Information It Receives?
At this time, theIndieSD.com does not share the information you submit to our website. In the future, we may allow certain third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit the Website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. TheIndieSD.com does NOT share your personally identifiable information (such as your email address, street address, phone number, twitter username, or Facebook profile page) to any third-party companies.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy websites, stores, subsidiaries, or business units. As is customary during the course of any such transaction, customer information is generally one of many business assets subject to transfer, but, in the event of such a transfer, personal information remains subject to the promises made in the Privacy Notice applicable thereto (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Similarly, in the event that all or substantially all of the Website’s assets are acquired by a third party, customer information is likely to be one of the assets transferred as part of that acquisition.
- Protection of theIndieSD.com and Others: We may release account and other personal information when we believe such a release is necessary and/or appropriate to comply with the law, to prevent or aid in the prevention of any illegal activity or any suspected illegal activity and/or any criminal investigation thereof, to enforce, comply with and/or apply this Privacy Notice, our Conditions of Use, and any of our other agreements, and/or to maintain, protect, and/or enforce the rights, property, or safety of the Website and the Website’s parent company(ies), subsidiary(ies), affiliated companies, associates, the Website’s users, or any others, as applicable. This includes, but is not limited to, the exchange of information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, or in the preparation of and/or during the course of a lawsuit. This does not include the sale, rental, sharing, or other disclosure of personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise prohibited by law.
- Your Consent: Unless specifically provided for herein, or as otherwise required by law, you acknowledge and agree that you will not receive any notice when the personal information we have collected will be sent to third parties.
How Secure Is My Information on theIndieSD.com?
- If you are using PayPal.com to contribute a monetary donation to this website, based on PayPal’s own privacy statements and strict security guidelines, none of your personal financial information will be available at any time to theIndieSD.com, its sister companies, employees, board members, associated third parties, or others.
- Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that the personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed to and/or accessed by any third party in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice.
What Information Can I Access?
At this time, there is no personally identifiable information that can be accessed by any user on the Website. The list of information you can access may change as our Website evolves.
Are Children Allowed To Use theIndieSD.com?
TheIndieSD.com does not provide services to children or sell products for purchase by children. Our content, much like most of the Internet’s media, should be reviewed under parental guidance.
Conditions Of Use, Notices, And Revisions
If you choose to visit theIndieSD.com, your visit, any subsequent visit, and any dispute over privacy or any other matter related to the Website is subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use, which include, among other things, your consent to limitations on any damages you may be entitled to, your agreement to waive any right to a trial you may have and your agreement to arbitrate any disputes, and application of the laws of the State of California. If you have any concern about this Privacy Notice and/or the privacy of your personal information at theIndieSD.com, please contact us with a thorough description of your concern, and we will try to address it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Website, this Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use are subject to change as well. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but we are not obligated to do so, and you should check our Website frequently to see if there have been any changes to any of our policies that may affect you. Unless we specifically state otherwise, the Privacy Notice applies to all personal information that we may have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personally identifiable information collected in the past without attempting to notify those affected customers.